• Breaking News

    Friday, October 15, 2021

    Ghost Recon - When was the last time you played like a true elite team?

    Ghost Recon - When was the last time you played like a true elite team?


    When was the last time you played like a true elite team?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 03:06 AM PDT

    Wildlands is currently the best tactical shooter

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    Yall are going to need to hear me out on this one.

    I've served in tactical capacities in both law enforcement and the military, and Wildlands is my primary game for simulating a lot of that stuff. In my opinion, it beats Arma, Squad, Zero Hour, Insurgency, etc.....for one reason only: Ghost mode.

    IRL, tactics are simply risk mitigators, strategies meant to reduce the amount of risk to resolving a problem while at the same time increasing/maintaining efficiency in doing so. Simply put: tactics are primarily necessary only to mitigate risk. If there is no risk, there is no reason for tactics. Take away that risk, and tactics are a waste of time. That is why, mainly, tactics do not work in games like CoD, Battlefield, etc, because other players generally don't gave two shits about risk.....they can just respawn.

    I get the deficiencies in Wildlands, but another game has yet to allow permadeath built in to the game that allows tactical play on Wildlands' scale. In Ghost mode, you can't respawn. Your beloved character dies and all your progress goes bye bye if you fuck it up. In other words, it presents risk.

    Myself and some old buddies, for years, have been playing Wildlands to relive the old days, on Ghost mode, with almost no HUD elements, on Extreme difficulty. Soooo many tactical principles suddenly apply. Mission planning applies. Recon principles apply. Tactical insertion applies. Mission preparation applies. Prepping extraction applies. Bullets pinging all around you causes slight adrenaline rushes as the character you've spent a metric fuck-ton of hours is in danger. Missions that used to take minutes could take hours as you apply your tactics and strategy. No other game I have played mirrors this yet. If there is one, please let me know so I can play it.

    I've write this in melancholy as I see the current direction of Ghost Recon. Breakpoint was a disappointment and Frontline was an outrage. I wish Ubi would quit fucking with Ghost recon and keep it as their more realistic title, but alas, I guess the kids get more attention these days.....

    Thank you for coming to my ted talk

    submitted by /u/MaverickF14
    [link] [comments]

    This island needs a desert biome

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    It's happening

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:23 AM PDT

    Captured mid firefight, Valkyrie vs Sentinel

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    Do any militaries use this sight? By the way, what is its name IRL?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 03:21 AM PDT

    Cool multicam loadout inspiration

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 04:17 PM PDT

    Here's some DOPE for a few long guns in Wildlands.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 07:12 AM PDT

    Remember when Ghost Recon had actual mission briefings with more grounded and realistic ops?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 11:32 PM PDT

    I do.

    I remember being briefed, picking my kit, selecting my team, loading in, pulling out my tac map.... Strategizing how I was going to go about clearing those objectives, and just having a straight up good time.

    Moving slowly and carefully with tact. Utilizing my squad as well as my near future tools.

    I remember when the writing was absolutely on point. Making you feel like you were partaking in some top level operations.

    Not what we have with Breakpoint and Wildlands. Yea I said Wildlands too. You heard me right.

    Ghost Recon stories were written to be believable, as you heard in the 20th Anniversary stream, "the stories need to be believable, something you would hear on the news."

    The games had real miliatary themed ops and missions. Those missions also took place in real world locations. Sometimes working along side of other local forces, and even getting to command them as units too.

    Whatever happened to those Ghost Recon style ops?

    One of Breakpoints biggest flaws is the messy mission structure and the way the story unfolds.

    I knew something was wrong the day I first played the game and Walker was immediately available to kill after starting my intial playthrough.

    The mission structure is not right with Wildlands and Breakpoint and I'm tired of it being overlooked. I'm tired of people saying "gimme Wildlands 2!" but not realizing that what you are actually asking for...Wildlands also was a game with an identity crisis. It doesn't come with that proper mission layout and story structure that Ghost Recon games usually do. I would say Wildlands story and missions were slightly more Ghost Recon-y than Breakpoints. But both games lack that essence of Ghost Recon.

    And no, that doesnt mean the only way to have that style back would be to make the game linear levels again. You can still apply all that genuine Ghost Recon storytelling to an open world Ghost Recon.

    Give us missions that matter in the future, please.

    I want more topics like this discussed here in this sub. I think it's just as important to devote some of our energy to topics like this.

    submitted by /u/Ghost-Island-Thunder
    [link] [comments]

    No one C-Clamps!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    What the hell is a viking doing on auroa?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:58 PM PDT

    Some of my best pics

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    Wildlands or Breakpoint?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 09:38 AM PDT

    I'm a SOCOM Vet, and wanted an experience close to that.

    submitted by /u/Imaginary-Drummer607
    [link] [comments]

    How to dramatically improve breakpoint PvP with 0 new content!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:47 PM PDT

    Breakpoint PvP is not dead. I can match make on Xbox in less than a minute, and the community is passionate.

    It can be dramatically improved so easily:

    1. Disable movement enhancing perks / gear. Character movement speed is ridiculously fast. Put a dent in the chicken dance meta and disable the movement boosters!

    2. Disable high capacity magazines for PvP.

    3. Change it to best 3 of 5 instead of 2 of 3.

    Optional Bonus that requires an ounce of effort: lock each class to a weapon category so there is a purpose to using a weapon combo other than AR / Sniper.

    submitted by /u/Department-Curious
    [link] [comments]

    I hope we will get some new tattoos in the coming update. 90% of the current ones are really lackluster and the designer from Wildlands were incredible. I cant be the only one, right...-

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    Yes, this is not a screenshot from Ghost Recon. This is a screenshot from the Misery addons for Stalker games (there this gun is called by fictional name "FAR-15"). Does it have any prototypes IRL? I don't ask in the Stalker or AR-15 subbreddits because the answers are very unlikely there.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    Tried my hardest on getting a fit to match those guys from re8

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    I lured El Commandante out to see if i can catch him too, sadly there is no option for grabbing, only to knock out.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 04:05 AM PDT

    Afghan NDS operator

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    Panther Elite,Pro Wolf Killer(possibly Thor?).Finally managed to get the Panther set and finished a mission and i decided to take this(IMO)cool pic.Have a wonderful day Ghosts!That's an order

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    Streaming issues (Breakpoint)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 07:07 PM PDT

    My game is having an audio issue with everything during gameplay not syncing properly but during cutscenes it is dead on, all my Audio drivers are up to date and I do not know if it is because I am using the Vulkan version of the game and not DirectX if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it I would really appreciate some help!

    Specs in case it is relevant to issue

    MOBO: MSI Z490-A-Pro

    CPU: 10700k

    GPU: GTX 1080

    RAM: 32GB 2133Mhz Quad Channel

    submitted by /u/TripWire_TV
    [link] [comments]

    Sneaky SOB’s almost had the drop on me

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 11:02 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment